Dense Phase system
A Dense Phase system conveys the material at low velocity. The method provides several benefits compared to traditional pneumatic transport:
- Less wear and tear on piping system
- Requires smaller quantities of air - and thus less energy
- Powder is less likely to segregate and material properties are preserved to a higher degree
- Powder is less exposed to pollution from worn pipes
- Transport capacity is increased
- Low energy- and maintenance costs
- Long service life
When it comes to pneumatic transport of materials that are abrasive, brittle and difficult to handle (e.g. milk powder with fat content) or that has to be conveyed a long distance, Dense Phase systems are state-of-the-art. Dense Phase is suitable for transporting a wide range of fine or coarse materials and uses pressure to push material in a pipeline at low velocities. End users prefer Dense Phase transport because of reliability, low energy- and operating costs and a long service life.
Transport velocity is adjustable from 5 to 15 m/s (typically 10 m/s) and can be controlled by means of auxiliary air injectors along the pipeline. With Dense Phase transport (with auxilliary air injectors), a powder block is easy to solve. When correctly installed, the system can be stopped and started with powder still in the pipeline.
Auxilliary air will fluidize blockage during transport and afterwards increased pressure can be put behind the blockade. Planning and constructing a system with pneumatic transport requires great knowledge of the materials to be handled and their main characteristics such as particle size, shape, density and chemical composition. Tekfa has great expertise in all common powders and our own test facility, where we find the optimal solution to meet customers requirements for powder handling.
- High-pressure system conveying at 2 - 4 bar
- Adjustable, low velocity - less wear and tear. No rotating parts
- Large transport capacity - over 100 tph
- Gentle handling of granulates and heterogeneous, mixed products
- Pressure discharge vessels dispatch in batches or as an even flow with two discharge vessels
- Easy to modify to handle different products or adapt to process- or plant changes
- Pressure discharge vessels are factory assembled with all pneumatics prewired with auxilliary air
- Low energy consumption (kW/kg)
- Low maintenance costs